Do you want to write a book? I have written two memoir books, and these are the steps I have learned as I self-published my books.
- Outline. This is where you map your main idea, chapters, plot summaries, and characters. This will act as your guide as you fill in the words in your book.
- 1st Draft. The first thing you need to establish when writing a book is to get a routine. You write first in the morning or before you sleep at night. This is not the time to edit your work; instead, write them all with the wrong grammar.
- Editing. After you finish your first draft, you let it rest and then do a self-edit. This is also when you ask for professional help after you polish your drafts.
- Proof and Layout. Last leg to finalizing your word. With a fresh eye, do some last checks and fix the inside pages to make them more appealing to the reader, and you are all set for the final step.
- Publish. The Last step to getting your dream book is where you choose between the traditional and self-publishing route.
More about this in my next writing tip, which comes every first Tuesday of the month. Which of these steps do you want to know more about?
#tip #firstbook #writerslife #vlib