Afraid of speaking in public? I was once terrified to speak in front of people. Nerves get to me, and nothing will come out of my mouth. Since joining Toastmasters, a public speaking and leadership club, things have changed.
I still get nervous, but I am no longer afraid to speak in front of people. Joining an organization where I can practice and make mistakes prepared me to speak confidently in the real world. Do you also want to find the courage to speak in front of the public? Perhaps these tips can help.
- Know your audience. Deliver your speech according to the people who will hear them. Speak according to their language and level of knowledge.
- Utilize Visual Aid. If needed, you can use a visual aid to get your point across. You can highlight your key points in a slide. Be careful not to distract your audience with the visual aid you are using.
- Practice and practice. Practice makes progress. This will help you become comfortable with your speech.
- Watch yourself on camera. Record yourself to see your facial expression or hear the sound of your voice.
- Don’t compare. You are you, and comparing yourself to others will distract you from your goal.
#tip #publicspeaking #speech #vlib